MassINC Full Time Intern
MassINC, Publisher of CommonWealth magazine, is currently interviewing college students and recent graduates to participate in our full time summer internship program at our offices on Beacon Hill. This internship has the potential to extend into the fall.
The applicant will assist in all areas of the organization with special projects as assigned. Projects may include: preparing for and staffing events, assisting in managing our contact database, coordinating daily emails and website updates, tracking and managing our growing compendium of media coverage, researching new prospects for funding opportunities and assisting with general clerical tasks. Some early morning and evening hours required.
Strong interest in public policy and politics required. Must be able to juggle several projects at the same time and work independently on assigned projects. Some professional experience is preferred.
MS Office, HTML, social networking (Facebook and Twitter), Salesforce experience a plus
This individual must be motivated, organized, innovative and outgoing. Position requires flexibility, some early morning and evening hours required. Because of this, this person must be reliable and prompt.MassINC & CommonWealth magazine
Email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter if you are interested in this position. In-person interviews are preferred, although we are able to accommodate phone interviews.
MassINC is looking for a Web Developer to design, develop and maintain the continuity of the MassINC and CommonWealth magazine websites. This person must work hands-on with CommonWealth writers, MassINC staff and outside engineers to maximize the value of our online content, our users’ experience, and the organization’s mission.
Principal Responsibilities: Website design & maintenance and social media strategy
- Assume primary responsibility for web design and publishing content, which includes:
- Managing and creating all phases of design from conception to execution
- Gathering content from our internal writers and publishing content to our websites
- Providing minor editorial work on this content prior to publishing
- Act as the key coordinator for all website updates.
- Provide focus for keeping web information current, organized, and compelling by staying closely linked with content providers and updating web pages as appropriate.
- Make recommendations for methods to keep the site information accurate and timely.
- Provide training and assistance to other employees within the organization as it relates to CMS, CRM, Email marketing, and other web related activities.
- Work with our web development firm to coordinate updates and enhancements to our web assets.
- Ensure that the website accurately reflects the focus and functionality of the organization, and provides our online user community with relevant information and useful content.
- Execution of our online email marketing campaigns.
- Stay informed of all research, journalism and civic event initiatives in order to advise and implement timely social media strategies.
- Administer our organizations entire online social media efforts.
- Create documentation and internal manuals that will create standard operating and data organization procedures for all websites and associated technology related topics.
- 2-3 years of experience managing websites (media website management a plus)
- Interactive and web-based graphic design experience required (In-print experience a plus)
- Must have a working knowledge of HTML and Adobe Photoshop
- Firm grounding in design principles, information design, user interaction, architectures and hierarchies
- In-depth knowledge of Content Management Systems (Sitecore experience a plus)
- In-depth knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software (Salesforce experience a plus)
- Knowledge of various email marketing platforms (Vertical Response a plus)
- Must demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of social media strategy and its interaction with organizations ongoing activities.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently
- Must possess strict attention to detail
- Must be passionate about the mission of MassINC and CommonWealth magazine (political junkies welcome).
Your compensation for this position will consist of a competitive salary and participation in company provided benefits.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
A PDF of this job description is available here.
Criminal Justice Intern
MassINC, Publisher of CommonWealth magazine, is currently interviewing college students and recent graduates to participate in a special project internship working on our Criminal Justice Reform initiative. Interns will work closely with the President, Research Director and partners in data collection and entry, report promotion, special event staffing, and social media.
Strong analytic and writing skills, social media skills and knowledge of the criminal justice system in Massachusetts required. Interest in public policy, politics, and media a must. Must be able to work independently. This is a part-time unpaid internship - we ask for a commitment of 12-20 hours per week and in return you will be exposed the issues and players in criminal justice reform locally and nationally.
Email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter if interested. In-person interviews are preferred, although we are able to accommodate phone interviews.